Simply put, Cape Town is a beautiful city! Cape Town ranks in the top 10 cities of the world that I have had the pleasure to visit. Nothing that I have seen around the globe can rival the Cape Peninsula. The vineyards around Cape Town are spectacular. The views from Table Mountain are fantastic! If you have never indulged in bottle of Pinotage (South Africa’s only true cultivar, a cross between the Pinot noir and Cinsaut ), you must! The University of Cape Town has wonderful facilities and attracts students from around the globe. Plus, the nightlife and rugby!!!
Overall, very impressed!!!
(above picture taken as the Springboks (SA) beat the Pumas (Argentina): 63-9: Aug 9, 2008)
- Aug 8: Arrived in Cape Town; Visited the University of Cape Town; Enjoyed the Nightlife on Long Street
- Aug 9: Visiting the Castle of Good Hope and Greenmarket Square; Watched the Springboks beat the Pumas (63-9) in the Mandela Tribute Rugby Match
- Aug 10: Spent all day driving through the Cape Peninsula (Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope…) and the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
- Aug 11: Visited Table Mountain, the Waterfront, and Robben Island
- Aug 12: Spent all day driving through the Vineyards around Cape Town (lots of good wines!!!)
- Aug 13: Delivered a research presentation at the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town; Enjoyed the Nightlife on Long Street
- Aug 14: Flying back to Johannesburg